Here are some random things about me to help you get to know me better...
1. Let's start with those dots on the end of that line I just wrote. I love a good ellipsis!
2. I've reached the age where I get in the car to drive somewhere, and I'm leaving my neighborhood, and I have to stop and think, now where was I going?
3. #2 also happens at home. I can walk into a room and not remember what I went there for. Ugh.
4. I spent all of age 42 getting pregnant and having a baby. On my 43rd birthday I had a 2-month old baby.
5. I'm a coupon dropout.
6. I graduated from Clemson University.
7. I took piano lessons for 9 years and now only play Christmas songs. Sorry, Mom and Dad.
8. My husband is 5 years younger than me, and we were born in the same hospital in Atlanta, GA.
9. It it's not chocolate it's not worth the calories. See the exception at #14.
10. I'm mostly a people pleaser. It's hard to quit, but I'm getting better.
11. My first husband was an alcoholic, and I quit drinking for him.
12. I loathe ineffciency.
13. I was raised with sarcasm, and go there every day.
14. I've been swayed to the Salted Caramel fan club, and oh my, is that Haagen Dazs Salted Caramel Core ice cream to die for.
15. I have beer taste on a beer budget. If we had more money I could be persuaded to have champagne taste. Practicality lives in those who pay the bills.
16. I'm too practical for my husband.
17. Anti-stuff is a new movement I've joined. I'm tired of STUFF!
18. I've never smoked pot.
19. I'm a rule follower. That's the reason for #18.
20. I'm afraid of horses.
21. I started a dog boarding business and at one point had 7 golden retrievers in my house at one time. Only one of them was mine.
22. I loved Gilligan's Island and Gunsmoke.
23. I love being organized. My husband not so much. Yes, there is a mustard shelf in the frig.
24. My parents were married for 61 years before my dad passed away.
25. I'm related to Benjamin Franklin.
26. I was kissed on the lips by Harry Chapin after his concert.
27. I was kissed on the knee by Mel Fisher the treasure hunter in Key West.
28. I have always loved going to the movies.
29. I used to own a t-shirt that said "Jive Turkey" in glitter writing.
30. I don't believe in the food pyramid.
31. I find it therapeutic to throw stuff away. Probably because of #17.
32. My sister and I have a pact that we will believe each other if anything supernatural ever happens to either one of us.
33. I think everybody should live alone at least once.
34. I have an anti-bucket list. Sort of a been there, done that, I don't need to do it again list.
35. My right kidney functions at 19%.
36. I love Cat Stevens' music.
37. I know how to drive a stick shift and change a tire.
38. I think people under 25 should be required to have an app notify them daily of how many hours of their day was spent wasted on their phones.
39. I believe a list like this should take the place of a job application. It would be way more insightful.
40. I love lists.